Like it or not, winter has decided to make an early arrival. Fortunately, Express Verizon is here to help you stay prepared for the impending weather. Here is a countdown of the five must-haves to help you stay ahead of the storms that are sure to arrive this season.
5. Your survival kit can get a little bit lighter. Simply download a flashlight app and use your phone to see during any power outages. Instead of struggling to find batteries or candles you can access management of the LED light that is your camera flash. One of the most popular apps for this purpose is called Tiny Flashlight + LED. The super-bright LED bulb can come in handy in any dark situation where you need to see your way or find a lost item.
4. We know that having your cell phone on you is incredibly important during severe weather. When all other lines are down, Verizon Wireless works hard to keep you connected at all times. But, there isn’t much a mobile phone can do for you if it does not have a charged battery. We carry an Energizer portable charge pack that you can use to keep your phone working no matter where you are. The pack allows you to store a charge in it. Now you can plug in your phone and ensure that you always have a power source for your phone.
3. Weather Bug is a great app that can help you stay on top of upcoming weather conditions. Know what to expect with access to the largest network of professional weather stations. It even includes doplar radar, severe weather alerts, forecasts and much more, all presented to you on your phone. Never again will you be surprised by a change in temperature or condition. Know what to expect and when it will arrive in your area.
2. Snow storms can cause an issue but, as many will tell you, they can bring good times with them as well. For those who ski, they want to know what it will be like before they get to the mountains. For that, you could use Ski Trailmaps . Use it to check the weather at your favorite ski locations and even view cameras of the area to check it out before you arrive. Maps can come in handy while on the mountain to track your location or manage where you would like to go.
1. The ultimate must-have for a coming snow storm: a car charger. These are common and most people already have them in their vehicles. If you don’t, I strongly suggest picking one up. If the power is out at home you can still keep in contact and keep your phone charged during the power outage. I’m sure that you will get use out of it during the rest of the year as well regardless of the weather situation. They are great to have and could be a great help when you’re in a pinch for power on your mobile device.
Stop into any of our four Express Verizon locations for more information on how to get any of these items or more tips on what your phone could do for you during stormy conditions.
– Sarah and your friends at Express Verizon